INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information You Provide to Us: When you register to use the Product, communicate with our merchant support team, send us an email, or post on our blog, you’re giving us information that we collect. That information may include your IP address, name, physical address, email address, phone number, credit card information, and other details. By giving us this information, you consent to your information being collected, used, disclosed, and stored by us.
- Consumer Lists and Messages: We retain the digital wallet device identifiers, email addresses, cell phone numbers, and more of Consumers that have provided this information via the Product. Further we have access to Messages a Merchant sends to its Consumer Lists.
- Information from your Use of the Service: We may get information about how and when you use the Product. This information may include your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions taken by you within the application.
- Cookies: When you register to use the Product, we store “cookies,” which are strings of code, on your computer. We use those cookies to collect information about when you visit our websites, when you use the Product, your browser type and version, your operating system, and other similar information. You may turn off cookies that have been placed on your computer by following the instructions on your browser, but if you block our cookies, it may be more difficult (and maybe even impossible) to use the Product. When you play one of the videos on our websites, a Flash player may use local shared objects, which are also called Flash cookies. We don’t use these Flash cookies for anything, but we can’t stop the player from dropping them (we tried).
- Web Beacons: When we send emails to registered consumers we’ll sometimes track who opened the emails and who clicked the links. We do that to measure our campaign performance and to improve our features for specific segments. To do this, we include single pixel gifs, also called web beacons, in emails we send. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We also include web beacons in the emails we deliver for you. We use the data from those web beacons to create the reports you see about who has or hasn’t opened emails or clicked links. Reports are also available to us when we send you email, so we may collect and review that information.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To promote use of the Product. For example, if you leave your Personal Information when you visit our websites and don’t sign up for a Product, we may send you an email asking whether you want to sign up. And if you use any of our Products, and we think you might benefit from using another Product we offer, we may send you an email asking you about it.
- To bill and collect money owed to us. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments. To learn more about the steps we take to safeguard that data, see Section 11 below.
- To provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our member Merchants and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements like complying with court orders and valid subpoenas.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, like attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar proceeding.
- To support and improve a Product we offer. This includes adding features that compare campaigns, or using data to suggest other publishers your subscribers may be interested in.
- To communicate with you about your account for informational, not promotional, reasons.
- To send you informational and promotional content that you may choose (or “opt in”) to receive. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
PUBLIC INFORMATION AND THIRD PARTIES
- Blog. We have public blogs on our websites. Any personal information you choose to include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If the personal information you entered appears on our blogs and you’d like it to be removed, contact us immediately. If we’re not able to remove your information, we’ll let you know why.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
Our websites include social media features, like the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
CONTENT OF CAMPAIGNS
YOUR CONSUMER LISTS
Your Consumer Lists are stored on a secure server. We don’t sell your lists, allow others to market to people on your lists, steal your lists, or share your lists with any other party, unless it is required by law. The Products will however communicate with a Consumer as they interact with a Product for actions such as forgot password, a reminder to install applications, etc. If someone on your list complains or contacts us, we may then contact that person. Only authorized employees have access to view Consumer Lists. You may export (download) your lists from the Product at any time, as long as we have a copy.
We’ll use and disclose the information in your Consumer Lists only for the reasons listed under Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information. In other words, we will not use and disclose the information in your Consumer Lists to:
- bill or collect money owed to us;
- send you system alert messages;
- communicate with you about your account; or
- send you informational and promotional content.
NOTICE OF BREACH OF SECURITY
Nobody’s safe from hackers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you or people on your Consumer Lists, then we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION
To protect your information, our credit card processing vendor uses the latest 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for secure transactions. Our vendor is certified as compliant with card association security initiatives, like the Visa Cardholder Information Security and Compliance (CISP), MasterCard (SDP), and Discovery Information Security and Compliance (DISC).
The products require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in your Consumer Lists is so sensitive, account passwords are encrypted, which means we can’t see your passwords. We can’t resend forgotten passwords either. We’ll only reset them.
ACCURACY OF DATA, TRANSPARENCY, AND CHOICE
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do that. If your data changes (like a new email address), then you’re responsible for notifying us of those changes.
We only store data about you for as long as it’s reasonably required to fulfill the purposes that gave us the right to access it in the first place. We may keep some data indefinitely, relating to when and where messages were sent and how a consumer interacted with the message.
We’ll give you access to any Personal Information about you that we hold within 30 days of any request. Unless it’s prohibited by law, we’ll remove any Personal Information about you from our servers at your request.